Before using Generic Zyprexa, tell your doctor if you regularly use other medicines that can make you sleepy or slow your breathing (such as cold or allergy medicine, narcotic pain medicine, sleeping pills, muscle relaxers, and medicine for seizures, depression, or anxiety).
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- heart or blood pressure medication;
- carbamazepine (Carbatrol, Tegretol);
- diazepam (Valium);
- fluoxetine and olanzapine (Symbyax);
- fluvoxamine (Luvox);
- omeprazole (Prilosec);
- rifampin (Rifater, Rifadin, Rifamate);
- ora medication to treat Parkinson's disease including levodopa (Sinemet, Larodopa, Atamet), selegiline (Eldepryl, Emsam, Zelapar), pramipexole (Mirapex), ropinirole (Requip), and others.
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with Zyprexa. Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Do not start a new medication without telling your doctor.